Effective starting: June 11, 2018
This Policy sets forth our practices with respect to information, including personally identifiable data ("Personal Data") that is collected and processed during the use of the Service. Your choices include how you can object to certain uses of Personal Data about you and how you can access, update, or request removal of certain information about you. If you do not agree with this policy, do not access or use our Services.
By utilizing the Service, you expressly acknowledge and accept this Policy, and such consent grants us the faculty to treat your Personal Data as set forth herein and in accordance with the laws, regulations and other applicable legislation within the Territories applicable to your use.
Consent to Our Terms and Conditions
Please also visit our End User License Agreement establishing your consent to the use, disclaimers, and limitations of liability governing the Services.
1. Information We Collect
We currently collect the following types of Personal Data:
- When you start a trial, purchase, or use the Service, including through resellers (i.e. Atlassian), we receive:
- your name
- your email address
- phone number
- other data which you provide to us or our resellers during purchase of the Services
- other data that you specifically provide to us during use of the Services or support
- We do not receive, collect, or store credit card information
- Information you provide through our Services support: The Services also include our support, where you may choose to submit information regarding a problem you are experiencing with a Service. Whether you designate yourself as a technical contact, open a support ticket, speak to one of our representatives directly or otherwise engage with our support team, you will be asked to provide contact information, a summary of the problem you are experiencing, and any other documentation, screenshots or information that would be helpful in resolving the issue.
- Your use of the Services: We may keep track of certain information about you when you visit and interact with any of our Services. This information includes the features you use; the links you click on; the type, size and filenames of attachments you upload to the Services; frequently used search terms; and how you interact with others on the Services. We may also collect information about the teams and people you work with and how you work with them, like who you collaborate with and communicate with most frequently. If you use a server or data center version of the Services, we do not collect information regarding your use of the Services.
- Content you provide through our Services: We collect and store content that you post, send, receive and share through our Services. This content includes any information about you that you may choose to include. Examples of content we collect and store include: the summary and description added to a support request. Content may also include the files and links you upload to the Services. If you use a server or data center version of the Services, we do not host, store, transmit, receive or collect information about you (including your content). If you use the cloud version of the Services, we process but do not store your content.
We do not collect aggregate data.
Personal Data Retention
Innovalog will retain Personal Data for as long as needed to provide the Services to you. Innovalog will also retain Personal Data as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
2. How We Use the Information
How we use the information we collect depends in part on which Services you use, how you use them, and any preferences you have communicated to us. Below are the specific purposes for which we use the information we collect about you.
To provide the Services and personalize your experience: We use Personal Data to provide customer support and to operate and maintain the Services. Where you use multiple Services, we may combine information about you and your activities to provide an integrated experience, such as to allow you to find information from one Service while searching from another or to present relevant product information.
For research and development: We are always looking for ways to make our Services smarter, faster, secure, integrated, and useful to you. We use collective learnings about how people use our Services and feedback provided to us to troubleshoot and to identify trends, usage, activity patterns and areas for integration and improvement of the Services. We also test and analyze certain new features with some users before rolling the feature out to all users.
To communicate with you about the Services: We use your contact information to send transactional communications via email and within the Services, including, responding to your comments, questions and requests, providing customer support, and sending you technical notices, updates, security alerts, and administrative messages.
We send you email notifications when you or others interact with you on the Services, for example, when you use an Email Issue post-function to send emails from one of your workflows. We also provide tailored communications based on your activity and interactions with us. For example, certain actions you take in the Services may automatically trigger a feature or third-party app suggestion within the Services that would make that task easier. We may also send you communications as you onboard to a particular Service to help you become more proficient in using that Service. These communications are part of the Services and in most cases, you cannot opt out of them. If an opt-out is available, you will find that option within the communication itself or in your account settings.
For safety and security: We use information about you and your Service use to verify accounts and activity, to monitor suspicious or fraudulent activity and to identify violations of Service policies.
To protect our legitimate business interests and legal rights: Where required by law or where we believe it is necessary to protect our legal rights, interests and the interests of others, we use information about you in connection with legal claims, compliance, regulatory, and audit functions, and disclosures in connection with the acquisition, merger or sale of a business.
With your consent: We use information about you where you have given us consent to do so for a specific purpose not listed above. For example, we may publish testimonials or featured customer stories to promote the Services, with your permission.
Legal bases for processing (for EEA users):
If you are an individual in the European Economic Area (EEA), we collect and process information about you only where we have legal bases for doing so under applicable EU laws. The legal bases depend on the Services you use and how you use them. This means we collect and use your information only where:
- We need it to provide you with the Services, including to operate the Services, provide customer support and personalized features and to protect the safety and security of the Services;
- It satisfies a legitimate interest (which is not overridden by your data protection interests), such as for research and development, to market and promote the Services and to protect our legal rights and interests;
- You give us consent to do so for a specific purpose; or
- We need to process your data to comply with a legal obligation.
If you have consented to our use of information about you for a specific purpose, you have the right to change your mind at any time, but this will not affect any processing that has already taken place. Where we are using your information because we or a third party (e.g. your employer) have a legitimate interest to do so, you have the right to object to that use though, in some cases, this may mean no longer using the Services.
3. How We Share Information
Innovalog will not sell or rent your Personal Data to any third party without your consent.
We may transfer your Personal Data to third parties in the following situations:
- When you have given us consent to do so;
- In response to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process by disclosing your data and other related information, if necessary or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims; or
International transfers of information we collect
We collect information globally and primarily store that information in the United States. We transfer, process and store your information outside of your country of residence, to wherever we or our third-party service providers operate for the purpose of providing you the Services. Whenever we transfer your information, we take steps to protect it.
Information for EU Data Subjects Related to Data Collected through our Service
Innovalog is considered a processor or sub-processor. Innovalog may use sub-processors. Innovalod has and will enter into appropriate Data Processing Addendums or Agreements with our sub-processors controlling protection of your Personal Data. We may transfer Personal Data to third party processor companies (i.e. cloud data and server services) that help us provide our Service. Such third party processors are controlled by data processing agreements providing the same protections of your Personal Data.
Managed accounts and administrators
If you register or access the Services using an email address with a domain that is owned by your employer or organization, and such organization wishes to establish an account or site, certain information about you including your name, profile picture, contact info, content and past use of your account may become accessible to that organization's administrator and other Service users sharing the same domain. If you are an administrator for a particular site or group of users within the Services, we may share your contact information with current or past Service users, for the purpose of facilitating Service-related requests.
We offer a publicly accessible issue tracker. You should be aware that any information you provide through the issue tracker - including profile information associated with the account you use to post the information - may be read, collected, and used by any member of the public who accesses the issue tracker. Your posts and certain profile information may remain even after you terminate your account. We urge you to consider the sensitivity of any information you input into the issue tracker. To request removal of your information from the publicly accessible issue tracker operated by us, please contact us as provided below. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to and why.
4. Security Measures
We use data hosting service providers in the United States to host the information we collect, and we use technical measures to secure your data within our Services. We ensure a variety of security measures are implemented, including firewalls, Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology, encryption and authentication tools, to help protect your information. We protect your Personal Data with the same or better security measures than we protect our company data.
While we implement safeguards designed to protect your information, no security system is impenetrable and due to the inherent nature of the Internet, we cannot guarantee that data, during transmission through the Internet or while stored on our systems or otherwise in our care, is absolutely safe from intrusion by others.
If you use our server or data center Services, responsibility for securing storage and access to the information you put into the Services rests with you and not Innovalog. We strongly recommend that server or data center users configure SSL to prevent interception of data transmitted over networks and to restrict access to the databases and other storage points used.
5. How long we keep information
How long we keep Personal Data we collect about you depends on the type of information. After such time, we will either delete or anonymize your information or, if this is not possible (for example, because the information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your information and isolate it from any further use until deletion is possible.
Account information: We retain your account information for as long as your account is active and a reasonable period thereafter in case you decide to re-activate the Services. We also retain some of your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, to resolve disputes, to enforce our agreements, to support business operations, and to continue to develop and improve our Services. Where we retain information for Service improvement and development, we take steps to eliminate information that directly identifies you, and we only use the information to uncover collective insights about the use of our Services, not to specifically analyze personal characteristics about you.
Information you share on the Services: If your account is deactivated or disabled, some of your information and the content you have provided will remain in order to allow your team members or other users to make full use of the Services.
Managed accounts: If the Services are made available to you through an organization (e.g., your employer), we retain your information as long as required by the administrator of your account. For more information, see "Managed accounts and administrators" above.
Marketing information: If you have elected to receive marketing emails from us, we retain information about your marketing preferences for a reasonable period of time from the date you last expressed interest in our Services, such as when you last opened an email from us or ceased using your Atlassian account. We retain information derived from cookies and other tracking technologies for a reasonable period of time from the date such information was created.
6. Cookies and Automated Tools; Do Not Track
7. Opt Out Preferences
8. Links to Other Sites
9. Sharing with third parties
We share information with third parties that help us operate, provide, improve, integrate, customize, support and market our Services.
Service Providers: We work with third-party service providers to provide application development, hosting, maintenance, backup, storage, virtual infrastructure, analysis and other services for us, which may require them to access or use information about you. If a service provider needs to access information about you to perform services on our behalf, they do so under close instruction from us, including policies and procedures designed to protect your information.
With your consent: We share information about you with third parties when you give us consent to do so. For example, we often display personal testimonials of satisfied customers on our public websites. With your consent, we may post your name alongside the testimonial.
Compliance with Enforcement Requests and Applicable Laws; Enforcement of Our Rights: In exceptional circumstances, we may share information about you with a third party if we believe that sharing is reasonably necessary to (a) comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, including to meet national security requirements, (b) enforce our agreements, policies and terms of service, (c) protect the security or integrity of our products and services, (d) protect Atlassian, our customers or the public from harm or illegal activities, or (e) respond to an emergency which we believe in good faith requires us to disclose information to assist in preventing the death or serious bodily injury of any person. For more information on how we respond to government requests, see our Guidelines for Law Enforcement and our Transparency Report.
10. Privacy Practices of Third Parties
11. Children's Privacy
In addition to the above, the following additional privacy aspects apply:
Innovalog's use of Personal Data is fully intended to be in compliance with the obligations as set forth in the various laws of the countries the Services are deployed including: United States, Canada, Mexico, countries within the European Union, Australia, and New Zealand (collectively the "Territories"). In accordance with the various Privacy Laws of the Territories which are applicable to you, you are provided the Personal Rights as detailed below.
13. Personal Rights
You are, as data-owner and user of the Service, entitled to (i) access your Personal Data and be informed about the way in which your information is treated, (ii) rectify your personal data in case it is not up-to-date, it is inaccurate or incomplete, (iii) ask for your data to be removed if you consider that it is not used in accordance with the applicable principles, duties and obligations, and (iv) object to the processing of your Personal Data for specific purposes. These rights are known as "Personal Rights".
HOW TO EXERCISE YOUR PERSONAL RIGHTS
- Your ID information and, if applicable, the information of your legal representative. For legal representative, please attach a copy of his/her power-of-attorney.
- A clear and precise description of the Personal Data about which the Personal Rights are to be exercised, as well as the right or rights that are to be exercised.
- An address where you desire to hear and receive Innovalog's response and any future communications and/or notifications, or, in its case, your desire to receive our response and/or future notifications or responses via email, providing us with your email address.
- If you prefer to correspond via email, you must expressly state your desire to receive Innovalog's response through an email communication, specifying the corresponding email address.
If your request refers to your right to access data, Innovalog will provide you with copies of the information and/or scanned documents.
Innovalog may refuse the exercise of your Personal Rights in instances permitted by the laws and regulations of the Territories which are applicable to your use, and shall inform you about such decision. The refusal may be partial, in which case Innovalog will carry out the access, rectification, cancellation, deletion, or objection in the corresponding part.
REVOCATION OF YOUR CONSENT TO THE TREATMENT OF PERSONAL DATA
You, as data-owner, can revoke your consent to the treatment of your personal data in accordance with the procedure set forth above "How to Exercise your Personal Rights", in the understanding that once we receive your request to revoke your consent we will issue our response within a five-day period.
OPTIONS TO LIMIT THE USE AND DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
You, as data-owner, can limit the use and disclosure of your personal data in accordance with the procedure set forth above "How to Exercise your Personal Rights", in the understanding that once we receive your request to revoke your consent we will issue our response within a five-day period.
Where the Services are made available to you through an organization (e.g. your employer), that organization is the administrator of the Services and is responsible for the accounts and/or Service sites over which it has control. If this is the case, please direct your data privacy questions to your administrator, as your use of the Services is subject to that organization's policies. We are not responsible for the privacy or security practices of an administrator's organization, which may be different than this policy.
Administrators are able to:
- require you to reset your account password;
- restrict, suspend or terminate your access to the Services;
- access information in and about your account;
- access or retain information stored as part of your account;
- install or uninstall third-party apps or other integrations
In some cases, administrators can also:
- restrict, suspend or terminate your account access;
- change the email address associated with your account;
- change your information, including profile information;
- restrict your ability to edit, restrict, modify or delete information
Even if the Services are not currently administered to you by an organization, if you use an email address provided by an organization (such as your work email address) to access the Services, then the owner of the domain associated with your email address (e.g. your employer) may assert administrative control over your account and use of the Services at a later date. You will be notified if this happens.
If you do not want an administrator to be able to assert control over your account or use of the Services, use your personal email address to register for or access the Services. If an administrator has not already asserted control over your account or access to the Services, you can update the email address associated with your account through your account settings in your profile. Once an administrator asserts control over your account or use of the Services, you will no longer be able to change the email address associated with your account without administrator approval.
Please contact your organization or refer to your administrator's organizational policies for more information.
Last Updated: June 11, 2018